Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven QA Manager who is self-motivated and has a passion for Quality Assurance and deep successful experience in Automotive Software Process Improvement dEtermination, derived from ISO/IEC ISO15504 (ASPICE) or related practices (e.g. CMMI). This position is both be the process owner and the QA auditor, reports directly to the CEO, and is based In Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Drive process improvement to support quality strategic goals; advancing quality assurance initiates.
- Own and drive ASPICE process improvement throughout company.
- Own and drive the development of Functional Safety initiatives based on ISO26262, an adaption of the Functional Safety standard IEC 61508.
- Lead all Quality Assurance initiatives using proven problem-solving methodologies while ensuring accountability, focus, strategic alignment and the development of strategic partnerships within the Company.
- Identify key opportunities and gaps in the core operations processes and activities within the Company; ensures appropriate quality improvement methodologies, tools and techniques are being leveraged to drive improvements and adherence to ASPICE and ISO26262.
- Provide project management oversight and leadership.
- Cultivate continuous improvement mindset by driving effective quality gates, and quality assurance plans during the project development life cycle.
- Work on the development and improvement of methods and procedures that improve product launches.
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a history of presenting to all levels of organizations, both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of seasoned project management skills.
- Demonstration of strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Display or experience in problem-solving practices and application including tools such as Error Proofing, and Root Cause analysis.
- Demonstrate experience guiding and mentoring employees in the application of ASPICE and ISO26262, practices and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience leading and managing Quality Assurance programs and developing quality programs in an engineering environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in continuous improvement projects, to include experience with critical thinking skills and the ability to take large complex problems and break them down into manageable projects to achieve successful results.
- Understand the software development process and procedures.
- Experience in Software Quality.
- Experience in an ASPICE and/or CMMI project(s).
- Track record of successfully mentoring/coaching multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven influence skills and organizational agility with the ability to successfully negotiate an organizational structure and produce results.
- Ability to perform under pressure and navigate effectively through ambiguity.
- Results-oriented with sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of managing across the spectrum from strategic focus on big-picture diagnosis to root cause problem-solving and tactics.
- Experience with JIRA, JAMA and Confluence a plus.
- Experience in the Automotive industry highly preferred
- The successful candidate for this key role will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passionate about his/her work and driven by the success of the entire team
- Displays and inspires a culture of excellence and accountability with his/her peers and team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, analytical, highly organized and detail oriented
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.