Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Technical 3D Artisan who is self-motivated and has a passion for helping to create the coolest technology and 3d models. This position is the bridge between artists and programmers and is based at a customer’s office location in Auburn Hills Michigan.
- Create 3D models for use in Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Collaborate with software implementation team both in-house and on customer premises
- Instruction/training of the 3D design concepts to the design teams
- Collaborate with design, engineering and program management teams to facilitate implementation of 3D solutions
- Reports to the Altia Engineering Service Delivery Manager
Education & Experience:
- 5 to 7 years successful experience modeling, texturing, and animating low polygon 3D models (portfolio required)
- Must have experience in the gaming, movie, or similar industry (real-time rendering experience preferred)
- Experience scaling assets from high-end PC platforms to lower-end embedded systems with limited resources while maintaining strong visual fidelity
- Must be an expert in at least one 3D tool (Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- 3D Graphic “Shader” programming experience is a plus
- Must be willing to and have a high level of EQ (i.e. Emotional Intelligence) to work with others who are less informed and experienced about 3D Graphics development and implementation on embedded devices.
- Must be willing become an expert with Altia’s software
- Must have the personality to be an outstanding Altia ambassador
- Occasional travel required
- The successful candidate for this key role will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passionate about his/her work and driven by the success of the entire team
- Displays and inspires a culture of excellence and accountability with his/her peers and team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, analytical, highly organized and detail oriented
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.