Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
The Project Manager will support and manage the full software development lifecycle associated with Altia’s DeepScreen software projects. Altia DeepScreen is a graphics code generator that converts Altia Design prototype graphics into tight, deployable graphics code. The Project Manager will interface with clients, vendors, developers, and internal leadership, and is responsible for software project deliverables, schedules and compliance to established processes and coding standards. The position reports to the VP, Engineering and is based in our HQ in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage Altia DeepScreen Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution and product release
- Work collaboratively with engineers, lead architects, QA and the VP of Engineering to determine technical direction and approach to product development, including both brand products (Altia Design and DeepScreen) and supporting systems
- Create, manage and track project artifacts, including, but not limited to:
- Product Development Plans (PDPs)
- Project schedules
- Resource plans
- Risks, Problem and Resolution Management logs
- Work with sales and engineering to develop robust project requirements
- Identify, prioritize and manage risks that will impact the quality and delivery of product
- Identify and create solutions to issues before they arise
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by the field application engineers, clients and management
- Coach and train project team members on Altia Software Development processes and best practices
- Schedule tasks, milestones, deliverables and monitor the progress as the project moves forward and making tweaks to ensure that everything stays on track
- Negotiate the use of resources, schedules, and scope creep
- Excel at administering and coordinating groups of individuals by promoting teamwork, delegating tasks, and resolving conflict, setting goals, and evaluating performance
Education & Experience:
- S. or M.S. in an Engineering Discipline
- 5+ years of project management experience in a technology environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Experience with Project Management tools like MS Project and JIRA
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage staff
- Experience managing projects following the system engineering V-model
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic, and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Previous experience with developing and managing requirements
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies.
- Familiarity with Automotive Software Process Improvement Capability dEtermination (ASPICE/ISO 15504) or other Process Improvement methodologies (e.g. CMMI).
- Familiarity with Functional Safety Requirements (ISO/26262).
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA.
- Understanding of the auto industry
- Knowledge of Renesas, Qualcomm/NXP/Freescale and Cypress
To apply: Please submit cover letter plus resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.