Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and engineers deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at: www.altia.com.
- Can you visualize complex software architectures and explain the trade-offs of design decisions?
- Do you understand best practices to use C++ in a potentially resource constrained environment?
- Do you enjoy solving challenging problems with creative solutions while guiding a team of adept programmers?
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Software Engineer who is self-directed and has a passion for enabling our clients to deliver a high-performance user experience on any embedded platform. The ideal candidate is an expert in software engineering and architecture who enjoys designing and implementing complex, robust solutions across the embedded OS, Linux, and Windows environments. The candidate will collaborate closely with team members to integrate these solutions onto embedded platforms and ensure they are fully tested.
- Accomplish mission and quality initiatives by delivering results on time and on budget
- Responsible for working directly with customers throughout the project — supporting them as a technical expert
- Work with customers and internal Altia development teams to define and document service engagement requirements and proposals
- Work with subject matter experts including UX/UI Designers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to maintain high quality software standards
- Work with internal teams to ensure product launch readiness for target dates
- Work with customers to define new feature requirements over the product development lifecycle
- Assist the Program Manager to perform and implement risk assessment plans and strategies
- BS Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 5+ years of experience in software design and delivery using C++, preferably on embedded systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expert working knowledge of C++ and C. Solid exposure to Python or another scripting utility — Java a plus
- Familiarity with real time operating systems and their practical constructs. Altia engages with a variety of RTOS platforms including GHS, QNX, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Linux and Android
- Working knowledge of tools used in the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. JIRA, GitHub)
- Experience programming and debugging embedded systems and their limitations
- Familiarity with hardware platforms used in the OEM and Tier 1 automotive market
- Experience creating user stories for inclusion in development sprints
- Experience estimating software tasks and quoting projects
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff and OEM / Tier 1 customers at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment — teams are often distributed
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To apply: Please submit resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.