Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and engineers deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at: www.altia.com.
- Can you implement and understand complex software architectures?
- Do you understand best practices to use C or C++ in a potentially resource constrained environment?
- Do you enjoy solving challenging problems with creative solutions while working on a team of adept programmers?
We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer who is self-directed and has a passion for enabling our clients to deliver a high-performance user experience on any embedded platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who enjoys implementing complex, robust solutions across the embedded OS, Linux, and Windows environments where every week presents a new challenge. The candidate will collaborate closely with team members to integrate these solutions onto embedded platforms and ensure they are fully tested.
- Implement software solutions in a well-defined manner and following good coding practices
- Understand the software architecture to support resolution of defects
- Provide insight into projects by giving solution feedback and suggesting alternative methodologies
- Work with subject matter experts including UX/UI Designers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to maintain high quality software standards
- Support mission and quality initiatives by delivering solutions on time
- BS Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of experience in software delivery using C++, preferably on embedded systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent working knowledge of C++ and C
- Experience with Python or another scripting utility
- Familiarity with real time operating systems and their practical constructs — Altia engages with a variety of RTOS platforms including GHS, QNX, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Linux and Android
- Working knowledge of tools used in the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. JIRA, GitHub)
- Experience with Matlab – Stateflow
- Experience programming and debugging embedded systems and their limitations
- Experience estimating software tasks and quoting projects
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment — teams are often distributed
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To apply: Please submit cover letter plus resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.