Altia helps our customers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com. If you can see yourself being part of the team with some of the best software engineers in the world – read on!
Position Location: Remote (home office) or Colorado Springs, CO (Corporate Headquarters)
- Develop expert knowledge of using and enhancing Altia’s code generation products
- Develop expert knowledge of 2D and or 3D graphics pipelines and graphics programming concepts
- Develop and test new code generation products on existing micros as well as the latest advanced system-on-a-chip graphics controllers
- Responsible for delivering a high quality product to the Altia system test team
- Responsible for working directly with the customer throughout the project as well as supporting the customer for level 2 or level 3 support questions post release
- Develop software using world-class Software Development Lifecycle processes, modeled after ISO/IEC 15504
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years’ experience in embedded programming and development
- 2-7+ years experience with embedded software, embedded display programming, device or screen based user interface design
- Strong knowledge of C programming
- Familiarity with embedded development technologies – cross-development tools for Linux-based devices
- Experience with programming devices without an operating system, or with very limited O/S
- Knowledge of real-time programming concepts including memory management, interrupt service routines, pre-emption and blocking in embedded micro-controllers
- A strong interest and some experience in 2D or 3D computer graphics, accelerated graphics pipelines, and code generation technology
- A software engineering background
- Knowledge of integrated (ARM-based system on a chip) graphics microcontrollers from Renesas, Cypress, NXP, QualComm, Intel, TI or STMicroelectronics
- Understanding of software engineering tools which enable team development
- Fundamentals of Software Architecture
- Configuration management
- Adept at planning projects, working independently
- Excellent communicators within a team as well as with customers over email and face to face.
- A self-starter
- Available for US and International travel roughly 1 week per quarter
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to JohnG@altia.com.
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.