Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com.
We’re searching for a SaaS Technical Lead who is an expert in SaaS technologies, architectures, engineering, developing and implementing cloud computing technologies. This role will help lead the effort to build the back-end software to manage the customer portal, accounts, transfer files, kick off job/executables, manage user logins, and all of the backed infrastructure.
This Engineer also works with world class embedded engineers and technicians and executive management to determine strategic and technical goals and objectives.
Position Location: Colorado Springs, CO (Corporate Headquarters)
- Lead the technical development of a SaaS platform to host existing packaged software products. Existing products are written in C and C++. Function in a product manager role.
- Help design, stand-up and implement the back-end infrastructure to support new SaaS technologies.
- Recommend cloud technologies – languages, databases, queuing systems and storage systems.
- Provide guidance on licensing, security and payment systems.
- Help establish a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Produce both technical and user-oriented documentation.
- Work with project manager to define tasks, milestones, dependencies and timing.
- Track status and communicate progress effectively to project leads and to management.
- Follow Altia’s established processes governing the entire software development lifecycle.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of active engineering experience with cloud computing technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is required
- Solid working knowledge of cloud computing technologies, techniques, strategies and solutions – a deep knowledge of both front and backend programming
- Experience with virtualization technologies, data center design concepts, orchestration engines and cloud platforms
- Adept at planning projects and working independently with superior communication and documentation skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to understand the business purpose of the application and business model
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Perl, Java, Python, Ruby on Rails, PHP and .NET
- Familiarity with Automotive Software Process Improvement Capability (ASPICE/ISO 15504) or other Process Improvement methodologies (e.g. CMMI)
- Experience using JAMA, Confluence, JIRA
To apply: Please submit cover letter plus resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.