Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com.
We’re searching for a C++ Software Engineer who is an expert in engineering, developing and implementing HMI / 2D graphics applications and solutions in the PC Windows environment, primarily in the C++11 and C++14 languages. This Engineer also works with world class embedded engineers and technicians to integrate and interface new PC-based solutions with embedded hardware platforms where necessary.
Position Location: Remote (home office) or Colorado Springs, CO (Corporate Headquarters)
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment to define, design, develop and implement new features and enhancements to Altia’s HMI development products
- Produce both high-level and detailed design documents, unit tests, integration tests and test results artifacts using the Company’s requirements traceability tools
- Produce both technical and user-oriented documentation
- Track status and communicate progress effectively to project leads and to management
- Follow Altia’s established processes governing the entire software development lifecycle
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.S. in Software Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of active engineering experience in C++11 and/or C++14, in HMI and 2D or 3D graphics
- C++11 and/or C++14 programming languages
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and/or later
- Good working knowledge of software technologies, techniques, strategies and solutions especially as these relate to the graphics engineering domain
- Adept at planning projects and working independently with superior communication and documentation skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Automotive Software Process Improvement Capability (ASPICE/ISO 15504) or other Process Improvement methodologies (e.g. CMMI)
- Familiarity with Functional Safety Requirements (ISO/26262)
- Experience using JAMA, Confluence, JIRA.
- Active experience in QT software development
- Embedded hardware experience.
- Experience with OpenGL and DirectX graphic pipelines.
To apply: Please submit cover letter plus resume to JohnG@Altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.