Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com.
We’re searching for a Desktop Software UI/UX Designer who is an expert in designing and developing UI solutions to help develop Altia’s PC Windows GUI development products. You’ll have the opportunity to drive the design direction of a number of products and will be involved in every aspect of the development cycle, from conceptualization to putting the final pixels in place for a product’s release.
Position Location: Remote (home office) or Colorado Springs, CO (Corporate Headquarters)
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Document UI use-cases and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Interface, Information or Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, or other relevant fields
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Strong portfolio with digital product design examples (PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR RESUME WHEN APPLYING)
- Adept at planning projects with superior communication and documentation skills
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to product stakeholders
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to JohnG@altia.com.
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.