Altia helps our customers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven QA Manager who is self-motivated and has a passion for Quality Assurance processes and governance. The role supports corporate QMS initiatives and international software life cycle industry specific quality standards for our Product and Engineering Services organizations. The position will report directly to the VP of Product Engineering and is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Drive process improvement to support quality strategic goals; advancing quality assurance initiatives.
- Own and drive process improvement throughout company.
- Own and drive the development of Functional Safety initiatives.
- Drive the company toward the implementation and adoption of a quality management system (QMS), inclusive of the organizational structure, policies, procedures, processes and resources needed to implement quality management.
- Identify key opportunities and gaps in the core operations processes and activities within the Company; ensure appropriate quality improvement methodologies, tools and techniques are being leveraged to drive improvements and adherence to several IEC/ISO standards.
- Lead all Quality Assurance initiatives using proven problem-solving methodologies while ensuring accountability, focus, strategic alignment and the development of strategic partnerships within the Company.
- Cultivate continuous improvement mindset by driving effective quality gates, and quality assurance plans during the project development life cycle.
- Provide project management oversight and leadership.
- Lead the Product and Engineering Services organization in continuous process improvement of Altia’s software development processes.
- Work on the development and improvement of methods and procedures that improve product launches.
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a history of presenting to all levels of organizations, both internally and externally.
- Demonstration of seasoned project management skills.
- Demonstration of strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Display or experience in problem solving practices and application including tools such as Error Proofing, and Root Cause analysis.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineer discipline.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing Quality Assurance programs and developing quality programs in an engineering environment.
- Experience in Software Quality.
- Experience in QMS 9001, ASPICE ISO 15504, IEC 62304, ISO 26262 and/or CMMI is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in continuous improvement projects, to include experience with critical thinking skills and the ability to take large complex problems and break them down into manageable projects to achieve successful results.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle process and procedures.
- Ability to perform under pressure and navigate effectively through ambiguity and multiple organizations.
- Results-oriented with sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of managing across the spectrum from strategic focus on big picture diagnosis to root cause problem-solving and tactics.
- Experience with JIRA, JAMA and Confluence is a plus.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is a plus.
- The successful candidate for this key role will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passionate about his/her work and driven by the success of the entire team
- Displays and inspires a culture of excellence and accountability with his/her peers and team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, analytical, highly organized and detail oriented
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to JohnG@altia.com
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.