Altia helps our customers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.altia.com.
We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer who is self-directed and has a passion for enabling our clients to deliver a high-performance user experience on any embedded platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who enjoys implementing complex, robust solutions across the embedded OS, Linux, and Windows environments where every week presents a new challenge. The candidate will collaborate closely with team members to integrate these solutions onto embedded platforms and ensure they are fully tested.
This role is specifically for onsite development support with one of Altia’s premier customers in the Detroit, MI area. The position will report directly to the Manager of Engineering Services and is based in Detroit, MI.
- Implement software solutions in a well-defined manner and following good coding practices
- Understand the software architecture to support resolution of defects
- Provide insight into projects by giving solution feedback and suggesting alternative methodologies
- Work with subject matter experts including UX/UI Designers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to maintain high quality software standards
- Support mission and quality initiatives by delivering solutions on time
- Responsible for working directly with customers throughout the project — supporting them as a technical expert
- Work with customers and internal Altia development teams to assist in capturing, defining, and documenting emergent requirements and proposals
- BS Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 3+ years of experience in software delivery using C++, preferably on embedded systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent working knowledge of C++ and C
- Experience with Python or another scripting utility
- Familiarity with real time operating systems and their practical constructs. Altia engages with a variety of RTOS platforms including GHS, QNX, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Linux and Android
- Working knowledge of tools used in the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. JIRA, GitHub)
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and a solid understanding of how batch scripts and make files work
- Strong skills in Debugging & Triaging issues onsite and in vehicle
- A working knowledge of QNX and QNX tool chain is preferred
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff – an extrovert personality is necessary in order to be comfortable working side-by-side with other customer engineers on their benches/desks to help resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate and document clearly & concisely
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment — teams are often distributed
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience programming and debugging embedded systems and their limitations
- Experience estimating software tasks and quoting projects
To apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altia is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.