Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any hardware. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers around the world deploy beautiful user interfaces. We are heavily focused on design and helping our customers develop great user experiences for their products.
Altia’s Creative Director fills a critical player-coach role that will concurrently guide our corporate brand, keep their design skills sharp with hands-on creative work and exercise leadership within our teams of engineers and artists. The Creative Director makes sure that the world’s perception of Altia – our brand, style and messaging – align with our goal of being the best embedded user interface company on the planet!
The Creative Director will guide Altia’s design efforts through leadership of the Design team. Assist in the design and delivery of user interface demos and other Altia brand collateral. Establish and run a design and UX cohort that spans multiple organizations to establish the broad design and UX guidelines for the company. Support a cohesive and engaging visual style across marketing, engineering, services, sales and executive teams. Present at key conferences on embedded UX and design topics – being an evangelist of Altia’s design passion to the world. Attend key trade shows to speak to customers and get a feel for their pain points – and what the next trends in design are that Altia must consider. In general, provide thought leadership into the embedded design community and our customer base.
Altia’s Creative Director should be familiar with a variety of embedded engineering software concepts, practices and procedures – as well as have experience rolling out design language, messaging and collateral to a medium-to-large company. Altia depends on the Creative Director having extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reports directly to VP of Marketing
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain design direction for Altia’s products, demos, collateral, etc.
- Lead the definition process of marketing design initiatives
- Manage assigned marketing, services and engineering projects so that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers regarding project deliverables, managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or UX
- 7 years in Graphic Design / UX
- Significant management experience, with 5 years in a creative leadership role
- Demonstrated understanding of embedded engineering software and ability to produce excellent related marketing collateral
- Highly proficient in graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya
- Previous experience developing and managing marketing campaigns and corporate brands
- Demonstrated strength in leading cross-functional project teams and creative talent
- Strong written and verbal communication, with professional and persuasive presentation skills
- Personable, highly collaborative and able to quickly build trust and rapport
- Ability to frequently set and adjust priorities when resource schedules change
- Self-starter with a strong personal work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Proven success working with engineering and sales teams
- Proven ability to thrive in growing, fast-paced companies
- Automotive industry technology is highly desired
Posted Position Title: Creative Director
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903
Please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about life at Altia at: https://www.facebook.com/AltiaInc/