Altia helps our customers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com. If you can see yourself being part of the team with some of the best software engineers in the world – read on!
Position Location: Altia HQ in Colorado Springs, CO; Remote (Home Office)
Role & Reponsibilities:
- Develop expert knowledge of using and enhancing Altia’s design and code generation products
- Develop expert knowledge of 2D and or 3D graphics pipelines and graphics programming concepts
- Develop and test new code generation products on existing micros as well as the latest advanced system-on-a-chip graphics controllers
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality product to the Altia system test team
- Develop software using world-class Software Development Lifecycle processes, modeled after ISO/IEC 15504
- Support the development of other Altia products and various research & development projects
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science; MS desired
- 5+ years’ experience with embedded software, embedded display programming, device or screen-based user interface design
- Strong knowledge of embedded C programming – Knowledge of C++ constructs desired.
- Familiarity with embedded development technologies – cross-development tools for Linux-based devices
- Experience with programming devices without an operating system, or with very limited O/S
- Knowledge of real-time programming concepts including memory management, interrupt service routines, pre-emption and blocking in embedded micro-controllers
- A strong interest in 2D or 3D computer graphics, accelerated graphics pipelines, and code generation technology. Experience with these technologies highly desired
- Knowledge of microcontrollers with integrated GPUs desired (Examples: Renesas, Cypress, NXP, Qualcomm, Intel, TI or STMicroelectronics, etc.)
- Experience with RTOSs & BSPs desired (Examples: Green Hills INTEGRITY, QNX, Linux)
- Understanding of software engineering tools which enable team development
- Adept at planning projects, effective working independently and remotely
- Excellent communicator within a team as well as with customers over email and face to face
- A highly motivated self-starter
- Available for US travel roughly 2 weeks per year
Culture & Environment:
We have a small, growing team and broad objectives. This means we are afforded many opportunities to contribute in diverse ways. The successful candidate understands that we’re all pulling toward the same goal and will pitch in to help even on activities outside of their immediate role. If you’re a great team player who thrives in an environment that is fast-paced and constantly evolving, then Altia is the place for you!
At Altia, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. Altia believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!
To apply, send Resume with Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Learn more about life at Altia at: https://www.facebook.com/AltiaInc/