Altia helps manufacturers get amazing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) from the artist’s imagination to any hardware in the shortest amount of time. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools and expert engineering services, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide deploy game-changing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
This is a position with a solid team of highly engaged and motivated individuals who work together to deliver Altia’s financial mission and objectives. The selected candidate will bring a solid background and skillset in accounting and finance activities and a strong desire to continue to grow with the Finance team and with Altia.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO Headquarters (Office is currently closed. We are working remotely through end of year due to COVID). Consideration may be given to candidates outside the immediate Colorado Springs area to work a hybrid remote/office schedule.
Participate as a member of a cross-trained team with primary responsibilities for
- Day-to-day and month-end accounting and account analyses
- Maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts ensuring supporting documentation for all relevant activity
- Operational and financial reporting including variance analyses
- Third party vendor payment processing, credit card, and employee reimbursement platforms. Oversight includes ensuring the platform is maintained to connect seamlessly to the accounting platform.
- Hardware and software procurement and fixed asset tracking
- The company’s full expenditure cycle including vendor and expense set-up maintenance and ownership of related filings (e.g. 1099 annual report filing and quarterly state and use tax)
- Ownership in all assigned processes including process design and evaluation and integration of new tools as necessary
- Preparation for and participation in annual financial statement audit
- Ad hoc projects
- Coordinating and collaborating with global operations on shared initiatives
- Ownership of regulatory filing requirements
- Exposure to international business operations and multi-currency transactions
- Involvement with technical accounting projects such as financial instruments, software capitalization and lease accounting rules
- Spearhead implementation of NetSuite fixed asset module
- Growth oriented company with dynamic environment
- 5 years of general accounting experience. Mix of public and industry experience is a plus
- Degree in accounting required; CPA a plus
- Rock solid understanding of core areas of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills required including complex formulas and pivot tables
- System integration experience a plus
- Expertise with financial systems utilized in previous positions required. Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting things done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from multiple sources
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for 8 hours per day
- Energetic positive approach to daily/monthly/quarterly tasks, as well as new projects
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge quickly, performing with precision
- Desire to grow and continually develop new skills
- Propensity to embrace change and to foster the evolution of processes as the company grows
Culture / Environment:
We have a small team and broad objectives. This means we are afforded many opportunities to contribute in diverse ways. The right candidate understands that we’re all pulling toward the same goal and will pitch in to help even on activities outside of their immediate role. If you’re a great team player who thrives in an environment that is fast-paced and constantly evolving, then Altia is the place for you!
At Altia, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. Altia believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!
Please email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.
Learn more about life at Altia at: https://www.facebook.com/AltiaInc/