DeepScreen Target for Renesas RX600 MCU Series
DeepScreen now supports the Renesas RX600 Series microcontrollers. If you’ve had your eye on the RX600 as a potential platform for your next embedded project – this is great news! You can now use power of Altia’s production-proven DeepScreen-generated C code to create a dazzling user interface for your product.
About the Part
The Renesas RX600 CPU family features a 32-bit RX CPU, up to 512 KB of internal ROM (device dependent), and up to 96 KB of general purpose internal RAM (device dependent). It also has many device-dependent integrated peripherals (Ethernet, USB, UARTs, I2C ports, ADC/DAC, etc.) including an EXDMA controller that can be used to transfer data TFT LCD panels, and much more. The chip is capable of being clocked at a maximum of 100 MHz.
For more information, check out the Renesas RX600 webpage.
Features of the DeepScreen Target
- Touch screen support
- Raster based solution that supports these key features:
- Direct color – RX600 can be configured to use 16-bit RGB 5-6-5 direct color
- Per pixel alpha blending
- Anti-aliased fonts
- Runtime image clipping to reduce the amount of updating to the display and to increase the overall system performance
- Image resource compression to keep ROM footprint as small as possible
- Support for external flash devices (i.e. serial flash, SDCARD, etc.) with the ability to split resources such as fonts, raster images, alpha masks, and designate certain images as near or far
- Data structure packing
- The ability to add and manage hot spot (Stimulus) areas
- Low ROM and RAM overhead
Tool chain support
The Renesas HEW (High-performance Embedded Workshop) tool chain is supported for compilation, debugging, and programming the target.
Want to learn more about Altia and the Renesas RX600 target? Email us at email@example.com.
Want to learn more about how Altia can help you get outstanding graphics into production on the Renesas RX600? Put your information here and we’ll get in touch.