Altia Incorporated, the leading provider of user interface development software for embedded displays, announced today a new release of its GUI editor, Altia Design. This new release – Altia Design 11.1.1 – offers more power for companies to create cool, custom GUIs faster and easier than ever before.
Altia’s mission is to enable our customers to get stunning user interfaces onto their embedded hardware in the shortest amount of time,” states Jason Williamson, Vice President of Marketing for Altia. “With features like 3D Scene Object and support for the Monotype Font Engine, we’re offering great new ways to deliver attractive displays. With updates to the Validator, which prevents users from implementing features that are unsuitable for the chosen hardware, we’re helping them save time and money too.”
What’s new in Altia Design?
- Updates to the Validator let users sort and view results on selected items so they can focus analysis only on a limited part of the design. The Validator provides a level of built-in intelligence about what the user’s selected hardware can do, assuring them that the features they build into their GUI are compatible.
- The 3D Scene Object has been updated to support light intensity, split and parallel animations, normal mapping and reflection mapping. With this release, the 3D Scene Object also makes it possible to convert 3D movie playback into event- or data-driven animations – and utilize discrete channels of animation.
- With the new Monotype® Font Engine support, users have the option to use the latest in font technology from Monotype. This offers our customers the capability to add ultra-efficient, beautiful fonts to their Altia GUI. With Monotype, fonts remain remarkably legible even down to the smallest sizes.
- Video Layer support has been added to the Layer Manager in Altia Design 11.1.1. This new feature takes advantage of hardware layers to display video on supported targets – and provides an easier way for users to use embedded video code within their GUI.
- Finally, the new release includes new and improved libraries of pre-built components which have been constructed with best-practices for embedded GUIs with reduced footprint.
Altia Design 11.1.1, the centerpiece of Altia’s tool chain, is available today. For more information about Altia’s GUI editor and graphics code generation products, visit www.altia.com or call +1 719-598-4299.
Altia, Inc. is a software company that provides graphical user interface design and development tools that can be used from concept to final product code. Altia was founded in 1991 and its customers include Chrysler, Smiths Medical, Ford, NordicTrack, Fiat, Medtronic, Rolls-Royce, Lockheed Martin and hundreds of other leading manufacturers. For more information about Altia, visit www.altia.com or contact Altia’s corporate headquarters at +1 719-598-4299.