Who we are: Altia is a software platform that enables automotive and IoT manufacturers to get easy-to-use, compelling, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any embedded hardware. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide efficiently deploy amazing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
Company Global Headquarters: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Location: HQ
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Engineering, Product Delivery
Budgeted Base Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,00
Who we want: We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Writer who thrives in a fast-paced technical environment and excels at creating clear, accurate and well-organized written material, including user guides, reference manuals, process/procedure documentation, knowledge base articles and training material for external and/or internal consumption. The winning candidate will be able to draw information from multiple sources, including existing documentation, product requirements and feature descriptions, development engineers and hands-on product usage to produce final work products. She/He/They will also need to be able to communicate and work across the entire breadth and depth of the Altia organization.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit user guides, reference manuals and release notes
- Produce electronic documentation for end-user and internal consumption
- Review, edit and maintain internal process and procedure documentation
- Develop, review, and edit Knowledge Base material
- Transition the product line to online context-sensitive documentation, as-needed
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
Required Education, Experience and Competencies:
- B.S. or higher in English, Communications, or a related discipline; advanced knowledge in engineering or computer science strongly desired
- Demonstrated proficiency using software tools, such as MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, FrameMaker, Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Confluence, and MadCap Flare
- Expert-level writing and communication skills
- Ability to productively collaborate across teams, departments, and all employee levels
- Ability to effectively manage multiple active documentation projects
- Familiarity and facility within a broad range of technical areas including Windows application concepts, embedded systems, and cloud/SaaS technology
Culture / Environment:
Altia is currently in a period of strong, consistent growth, and we expect to aggressively accelerate that growth for the next 5 years and beyond. We have an exceptionally talented and highly invested team who is focused on our continued success and maintenance of our noteworthy company culture.
We pride ourselves in our high ethical standards and employee morale. We build based on a foundation of respect. We generously partner within our communities to support economic growth and accessible education for all, knowing that providing avenues toward careers in technology can end the cycle of poverty.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, send Resume with Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Learn more about life at Altia at: https://www.facebook.com/AltiaInc/